Invisible Solids, Original Clean
Formula changed - smells horrible, active ingredient still less
I've been using this product since it first came out on the market, but since then it has changed. First it's active ingredient went from 18% down to 14.8% now up to 15.2%. I researched that one summer when I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working as well anymore & luckily (because of moving) still had an old one in a box & was able to compare ingredients. I still used it though because I loved the scent of the Clean Original. I noticed awhile ago the scent changed, but luckily I still had a whole bunch of the old style. Well, I forgot the formula changed & finally ran out of the old ones, so ran to CVS & bought 4. I just opened it & used it this morning. Ugh! It smells medicinal with a slight scent of the original mixed in. It smells horrible! It's 33 degrees outside, I drove to work w my coat zippered all the way up & could still smell the medicinal smell. All i could think about was getting it off of me. Thank goodness I remembered I had a spare deodorant in my car. As soon as I got to work I washed it off! The "Clean Original" scent is NOT the original scent. I would love to stick with this brand, but I can't tolerate the new smell, think I may have to switch back to Secret Powder Fresh - which is what I switched from originally when I converted to Dove Clean Original in the first place.
If the company changes the formula back & I'm aware of it, I'm sure I will switch back again. But for now I'm very disappointed, and have to now return all of it. I hope it changes back!
January 2, 2014
Long time user but 1 complaint
I have used this deodorant for so long I can't remember how long it's been. It doesn't irritate my skin & the scent is nice & light (I do not like strong fragrances). However, I swear the last 25% or so of the product just doesn't work as well. I couldn't tell you why the effectiveness somehow wears off just because the amount in the container is low. But I honestly can tell a difference from when it's starting to get low to the other 75% of the product. Annoying but yet I continue to buy it...
June 4, 2013
This is a excelent product I will recomend it to used it everday
September 21, 2013
My go-to brand
After using Secret gel deodorant for years, I was tired of the gooey mess, the shirt stains, and the hyperscented stuff. I gave Dove a try, and I've been using it ever since. I like the original scent because it smells clean like my soap (also Dove). I haven't had any problems; although I use it more for scent than for antiperspirant.
August 16, 2013
best deodorant on the market!
I used to use other "popular brands" until a friend recommended Dove original clean. My arm pits are no longer irritated from shaving and they are moisurized, while also smelling nice. :) Love it
January 3, 2013
If You Value Your Shirts...
... don't buy this product. Within a minute of wearing the your shirt, the deodorant will smear onto your shirt, making it look like you're already sweating. When you try to wash it out (even with using Spray'n'Wash, or some other equivalent), it will not come out. If you value your shirts and don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe, don't buy this product.
March 6, 2013
BEST deodorant!! Clean fresh scent
I LOVE this deodorant and have been using this for the last 3 years or so. I LOVE this scent and it provides me with the odor coverage/protection that I need. Dove is one of my FAVORITE brands to buy.
August 23, 2012